3 points SLICE command didn’t work for me

Emboss 2014

I have tried to slice the lower red section using SLICE command with 3 points as a cutting plane.  I selected those points per picture then selected the top side that wanted to keep but the object remains the same.  Could you suggest me what I have done wrong.   I know that there are other ways to do but just want to know this easy one. Thanks 

IMG_9784.jpeg

On 5/1/2024 at 5:15 PM, Emboss 2014 said:

I have tried to slice the lower red section using SLICE command with 3 points as a cutting plane.  I selected those points per picture then selected the top side that wanted to keep but the object remains the same.  Could you suggest me what I have done wrong.   I know that there are other ways to do but just want to know this easy one. Thanks

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but if you want to Slice a solid object by picking 3 Points on a slicing plane, see the graphic below.

Slice.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cad64 said:

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but if you want to Slice a solid object by picking 3 Points on a slicing plane, see the graphic below.

Slice.jpg

Thank you.  That is very helpful.  Based on your instruction. I know what I did wrong.   My 3rd point was not in the same plane.  2nd point should be at the arrow and 3 rd should be toward left side.  I assume each point must be snapped on end point correct?

1 hour ago, Emboss 2014 said:

Thank you.  That is very helpful.  Based on your instruction. I know what I did wrong.   My 3rd point was not in the same plane.  2nd point should be at the arrow and 3 rd should be toward left side.  I assume each point must be snapped on end point correct?

Yes, all 3 points must be on the same plane and each point you select should be snapped on the end point to make sure Autocad understands what you want it to do.